Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yes, You're in Texas Now!!!


While my family was here visiting us, we decided to try out a new restaurant recommended to us by some of our friends. We drove over to Fort Worth and spent some time at the stock yards. We were just in time to see the daily cattle drive, which my daughters LOVED. Then we tried to find the restaurant. Somehow we got turned around and ended up on the "wrong" side of town. It was early enough that most things were closed but we got a laugh out of some of the saloons and dance halls we passed. We finally got pointed in the right direction and ended up at our destination, Riskys. What did we eat you ask?? All you can eat beef ribs for $9.99. Let me just say it was $9.99 well spent. Most of the ribs were fabulous and if I came across one that was to dry or to chewy for my taste, I just let it be and waited for my next basketful. After dinner, we had fun walking back to our car. Every other store was either a Stetson store and other cowboy gear or a steakhouse. Giddy up! After living in the suburbs for 8 months it was fun feeling like we were really in Texas now!!

Thanks for coming out Ma, Adam and Lucy!! Come again soon!







No comments: