Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Christmas Treat

I thought I'd try out cakeballs this season. I have never made them before but I've been wanting to try for a long time. I had a couple of events I needed to take a treat to and decided this was the time. I found the idea for little Christmas trees online and gave it a shot. I think mine turned out pretty cute. However, I dont love working with candy coating and it was super thick on my little trees. After rolling out so many tree shapes, I did the other half of cake into regular balls which I dipped in regular milk chocolate. Those were so delicious. . .I didnt even get a picture. mmmm. So, cute factor-trees win, taste factor-regular chocolate balls. mmm In fact, my girls loved these so much they asked if I could just make cake balls for their future birthdays. We'll see. :)

No comments: