Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hoot Hoot & Christmas Eve Traditions


We had a wonderful Christmas Eve this year. Of course we had to do our nativity tradition. I put all the pieces of the nativity in a box and everyone draws out a piece or two. Then we take turns putting our pieces into place and telling how/why that particular piece mattered in the story of Christ's birth. We also sing a related song for each piece of the nativity after it is placed in the scene. I love this retelling of the birth of Christ and it is really fun to see and hear my girls get involved in the story.

After the nativity portion we did our next big Christmas eve tradition and opened all of our family Christmas presents. I love having our family give and open gifts on Christmas Eve. Emmeline and Mabel both get so excited about choosing the perfect gift for each other. Since they are not overcome with their gifts from "Santa", they are really able to appreciate the giving and getting from each other on Christmas eve. I dont know what it is exactly, but it has been a really special tradition for us.




The girls also got matching pj's and that includes mama. I bought Maddie these adorable owl pj's at Target back on black friday. Well, I was at Target later in December doing some last minute Christmas shopping and I found a matching pair in my size. I couldnt believe it. Of course I had to go and check out the little girls section and low and behold they had the matching set in both Emmeline and Mabels sizes as well. What can I say, I am a sucker for matching stuff like that.

The girls loved their swimming suits from Mom and Dad. And they were so thoughtful to each other. Mabel got Emmeline a new little jar to put her "collections" in. Emmeline is always finding little treasures and looking for places to put them. I'm impressed that Mabel would think of that when we were at the store. Emmeline got Mabel a new crown with Pink stars on it. Also a perfect present. And the really funny part. Both Emmeline and Mabel chose the same present for Madelyn. She ended up with two identical collidescopes. I just think it is funny because they did their shopping completely independent of each other. Brett took Mabel and I took Emmeline. I didnt even know they had chosen the same gift for Maddie until later when I helped each of them wrap. lol. Hilarious.

No comments: