Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Rapunzel Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair


When I asked Emmeline what she wanted to be for halloween this year she enthusiastically replied, "Rapunzel!" It sounded good. . .but I was not sure exactly how I was going to pull it off. Lucky for me, I received my Family Fun Magazine in the mail a few days later, and there, right on the cover was a neat Rapunzel wig with easy to follow instructions written out inside. I decided it must be fate. This is the first year I've actually made something cute to go along with my kids costume. They always just want to be "princesses" and choose a dress from the dress up box. It was fun to make something this year to go along with Em's costume. And if I do say so. . . it turned out super cute!! Emmeline (and I) got numerous comments at every event we went to where she wore her wig.

P.S. I didnt find out until after the wig was made that Disney was soon to be releasing a new Rapunzel movie. I'm sure that now Rapunzel wigs and costumes will be all the rage. I was glad that Emmeline and I beat the crowd this year. :)

1 comment:

michelle grange said...

i'm impressed! what a cute costume! did it take a ton of yarn to make the hair? avery saw the picture and announced, "that's what i want to be for halloween next year!"