Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Maddie Milestones



Madelyn has been growing, growing, growing. She has four little teeth poking out now with more on the way. She is handling the teething pretty well, just the usual-snot, drool, a little clinginess, more snot and then more drool. :) We are all more comfortable when I remember to apply a bit of baby orajel.

Maddie has also discovered the joy of real people food. Not to be confused with baby food. When I try and feed her baby food at mealtimes, she stares over at Mabels plate and lets me know with her eyes exactly what she wants and seems to wonder why in the world I would feed her such strange, mushy goop when she could be having chicken nuggets or whatever else happens to be on the menu. It is hilarious. She is happiest when I give her pieces of whatever we are having; bread, fruit, meat. She really doesn't seem to care as long as she can pick it up with her little, chubby fingers and put it in her mouth herself. Oh, heaven. :)

Maddie has also started sitting up and playing/exploring by herself within the past couple of months. She knows which toy box is hers and she will pick and chose the toys she wants. As long as I put the box within arms reach, she is happy and I can go about my other various activities. Again, hilarious!!

I cant believe how fast Maddie is growing and even though shes only been in my family for 8 months, I cant go back and imagine life without her. She has a beautiful smile and a wonderfully sweet spirit.




2 comments:

michelle grange said...

such a cute little baby! i can't get over how much your girls look alike with their beautiful blue eyes and blonde hair. maddie looks a lot like mabel to me. can't wait to meet her someday!

Michelle said...

It's so fun to see what your girls are up to...what a sweet, beautiful trio :)