Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Emmeline: Firsts



I cannot believe how big Emmeline is. I know that she is still small. . .She wont be 5 until December. Perhaps it is that she is so big next to her sisters. Perhaps it is the way she talks. When giving a story it is not uncommon for her to use phrases like, "continuing on" and other random transitions. Perhaps its that shes always asking me questions if I use vocabulary she doesn't understand. In reading from the scriptures tonight she asked, "Mom, what does Mercy mean". Or maybe she seems so big to me right now because of all her recent "Firsts."

Emmeline just started Pre-K on August 23. She is in the Turtle class. I was a little bit worried to put her in the program because it is everyday. But it is only a half day. Infact, it is sort of like the old Kindergarten. Brett gets her up and ready and drops her off at the school on his way to work. I love that they get that special "Daddy/Emmeline time" in the morning. She plays until school starts at 7:45. She gets to have breakfast there at the school and is thrilled that she can choose chocolate milk every day. Mabel, Madelyn and I pick her up from school at 10:50. It is always so fun to hear about her day. After two weeks of school I can only say how much she loves it. It is fun for me to hear about this activity and that game and this new friend and that new friend. I am reminded of how much I loved school growing up. Even though I was a bit wary at first, I am very excited that she gets to start this new adventure.

Another first for Emmeline is ballet/tap classes. Emmeline has wanted to be in dance classes for a long time and I finally decided that this was a good time to start. I found a Christian dance studio which advertised clean music and clean costumes. When I went to check it out, there was a great feeling about the studio and a sense of community and friendship among the people there. So I signed her up. She had her first lesson on Tuesday the 31st of August, and no surprise. . .she loved every minute of it. I loved getting her ready. She looked so beautiful with her hair pulled back and her slippers on.

This is such an exciting time in Emmelines life right now. It is fun and exciting for me as her mom to watch her and help her begin all these new adventures. I am so thankful to be blessed with such a smart, kind and outgoing daughter.





1 comment:

Jackie said...

Laura! I am having a baby next week (hopefully), but sometime after that we totally should plan a get together trip with you guys and Shane. That would be awesome! Is Brett done with school and have a job? I can't wait for that day! We will def. talk! :-)