Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mabel Moments



Mabel is a beautiful, sweet little girl who has a way of warming the hearts of everyone she meets. She has a beautiful dimple in her right cheek that she knows mom adores. I'll say, "Mabel show me your dimple" and she'll give me the biggest smile and point right to it--definitely showing off. It is so cute.

I've mentioned before how much Mabel loves her nursery class. Well she came up with this song called, "How Mabel goes to Nursery". Pretty much we just repeat this line 4 or 5 times and end with "on sunday afternoon". She requests that we sing it every Monday for Family Home Evening and often other times as well. She loves to sing, dance, play and eat. You would be very hardpressed to find Mabel in shorts or pants right now. Most likely you will find her in some sort of dress or skirt and it will most likely be pink. She loves being a big sister and will run to Maddie at the smallest cry.

Here is a funny comment from Mabel that I feel should certainly be recorded for future reference. This was a conversation she had with my sister Lucy when we recently visited them in Virginia.

Lucy: Hey Mabel. Are you picking your nose over there??

Mabel: (very indignantly) NO!! I am picking my boogers!

Hilarious!! I love my little Mabel so much. I cant believe that her third birthday is fast approaching on September 6. She truly fills my home with sunshine! :)

P.S. I've included a picture of Mabel on the toilet. (Yes she will hate this picture when she is older). Yes. . .she is asleep. We sent her to go to the bathroom a couple of weeks ago. She was taking awhile, but that is not necessarily uncommon. Brett finally went in to check on her and she was asleep. Another hilarious moment in the life of Mabel!!




1 comment:

Jen said...

LAR! Your girls are so cute! I can't believe how big they are all getting. I had to comment because I can't believe Mabel fell asleep on the toilet. Too funny. Miss you girl!