Friday, March 12, 2010

Wedding Cake and Garbage Disposal Issues

Recently a gal I know had a wedding and I volunteered to make her a cake. It was fun for me to do and not have to worry about having a big cake in my house for me to eat afterwards. The only problem occurred when I first got started and realized that the garbage disposal in my sink wasn't working. Both sinks filled up half way with dirty water when I tried to use it. Brett was working at the science center so he couldn't come home and help me sort it out. I didnt have time to try and figure it out myself (not that I would have been able to if I had tried) since I needed to get the cake finished before the wedding. So I decorated the cake without the use of my sinks. I had to stack all my messy dishes and stuff on the counters instead of in the sink. It was interesting but it worked out fine. When Brett got home he was able to fix the problem with the disposal without much effort. Mabel enjoyed being his special helper (flashlight holder) as you can see in the pics. And although certainly not perfect, I think the cake turned out pretty decent. So it was a good day. lol.







4 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! That looks great!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Laura!

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

That cake is SO beautiful!

wigglywebb said...

Awesome cake, Laura!