Thursday, September 25, 2008

Ward Talent Show

On Sat. September 13 we had our annual ward talent show. It was a great activity. I got to the activity in the worst mood ever. I told Brett that I just felt icky and blue inside. I dont know why I was feeling so grouchy, but I was. As the talents continued on I started to feel so much better. This may sound silly or cheesy or whatever, but as I listened to families sing and children play music, tell jokes, etc., my spirit was buoyed up and became happy and light. It turned out to be a wonderful night despite my original bad mood. I was reminded that we are each children of a loving Heavenly Father and we each have special, individual talents. It is important not only to strengthen our own talents but to share and delight in each others gifts as well.

Another fun story from the night was that little Emmeline decided to share a talent with the crowd. We hadn't prepared anything since she is still so young, not quite three yet. During some of the musical talents she leaned over to me and said, "It's my turn next!" I asked her if she would get scared and shy in front of all the people. She told me that she wouldn't. I asked what she wanted to do and she told me very decidedly that she was going to sing 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider'. I had her go with Brett to ask the Activity Chairwoman, Sister Stanley, if she might be able to get up and sing her song. Sister Stanley said it was no problem and let Emmeline be the very next act. Brett got up on stage with her and she sang, quite clearly for everyone to hear. I was very surprised and very impressed. What a talented little lady.

No comments: