Thursday, September 25, 2008

Makin Macoroni

I've been meaning to write about this story for quite awhile and am just now getting to it. But it's cute and funny enough that I want to remember it so even though it happened in July. . .here it is.

Emmeline asked for Cheesy Shells for lunch. They happen to be her favorite right now. That sounded good to me so I got some water boiling on the stove. I had to go to the bathroom and of course Mabel tagged along with me. Emmeline however didnt join us. I figured she was just out playing with her toys. Not a problem. So I finished up and figured the water was boiling and ready to put the noodles in it. I asked Em if she wanted to help me pour in the noodles (something that she usually loves to help me with). She said no she was busy playing something else. I was surprised that she didn't want to help, but thought that it was no big deal. When I got to the kitchen, her stool was pulled up to the stove and the noodles were simmering away in the pan. Hilarious!! She had dumped the shells in all by herself while I was in the bathroom. My little miss independent. Anyway, I thought it was pretty awesome. (Dont worry, we talk about hot stoves all the time. When she is playing in her play kitchen she will tell me "Don't touch mom. It's really really hot.")

No comments: