Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight Girls Retreat

On Saturday November 22 I saw Twilight the movie with a bunch of friends. First we all met at Olive Garden and had a nice lunch, then we headed over to the theater to watch the show.

I really enjoyed the movie. I haven't read the book for a long time so the details weren't all screwed up in the movie. (I did that intentionally.) I thought the actors were well cast for their characters and I loved the humans. I totally had friends like that in highschool (I was probably just like that in highschool :) ). I thought they were dead on. The only complaints I had were that I didn't like how Edward took Bella to the meadow. Without giving any spoilers I'll just say that that part was lame. And I didn't like how the movie minimized the strength and importance of Alice's ability to see into the future. Also, I think that if I hadn't read the book first then I would have hated some of the acting, especially near the beginning. I mean honestly, how do you portray an intense, passionate desire to drink someones blood. . .I guess looking like you have a sudden, intense case of diareah and nausea combined. . is as good a way as any. If I hadn't read the book first I would have hated Edward's first reaction to Bella and also Jaspers continual constipated look. However, since I had previously read the book, I got what they were trying to do and so it didn't bug me so much. With all of that said, I did really enjoy the movie. I loved the drama and passion between Edward and Bella, just as much as I did in the book. I loved some of the cinematography elements of the movie as well. I've heard some people say they didn't like all the time Edward and Bella spent up in the trees, but I did. How romantic would that be. . to spend the afternoon playing in treetops, looking down at the rest of the world as though you and your lover are the only two people in the world who exist?!!! But I regress, back to the movie. I loved it and can't wait to take Brett and snuggle during all the romantic parts. . .okay, maybe that will have to wait until I buy the movie on dvd.

1 comment:

michelle grange said...

What a good idea to go as a big group of girls. I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so I had to beg Nate come along. I totally agree with you about the constipated look! The movie wasn't as good as the book but that's usually the case.