Thursday, November 6, 2008

Champion Eater

Mabel has officially been admitted into the nursery for our church. Normally children can begin attending nursery class at 18 months, but since Brett and I both serve in the primary, Mabe gets to start nursery now at 14 months. She loves it. Last week when I dropped her off, she ran away from me straight to the toys--and she didnt look back. Oh, to be a loved and appreciated mother.

Last sunday when I picked Emmeline and Mabel up from nursery after church, their nursery leader told me that they had a new "champion eater" in the class. Yes, that would be my youngest daughter, Mabel. Apparently she can eat circles around all the other children. . . including the three year olds. Thats my girl!! :)

4 comments:

Wayne said...

Mabel already in nursery...lucky! You know, when Cali first started going to nursery they said the same thing about her eating. She's seemed to be quite the snack fiend.

tessa said...

Mine were the same in nursery. I think the leaders didn't realize that if you keep putting food in front of them they will keep eating all day. It's a favorite past time. At 14 mo though that's impressive!

Liesl said...

You are still in the honeymoon phase of nursery. I breathed a sigh of relief with each one when they ran into nursery without looking back the first few weeks. And THEN they started displaying separation anxiety. Maybe you truly are lucky with Mabel, but maybe once Emmeline moves up to Sunbeams...

Laura said...

Liesl. . .no, dont jinx it. I hadnt thought about how she'll be when Emmeline leaves in January. . .guess I'll have to wait and find out. I'll keep you posted. :)