Friday, October 10, 2008

Visit to Virginia

While Brett was in San Antonio for a conference, I took the girls up to Virginia to visit my folks. One of my friends (Rachel Hall) parents also live in Virginia and so she and her little almost 2 year old son drove with us. It was a pretty tight squeeze for all the kids in the backseat of my Kia, but it was really nice to have another driver plus some adult conversation for the drive up and back.

We had a really fun visit in Virginia. We enjoyed watching general conference over the weekend and the girls especially loved picking peppers with grandma during the breaks. On Monday, Lucy and Leland skipped out of school to spend the day with the girls and me. We went to a pumpkin patch in the morning. There were a lot of fun little slides and playthings. The girls loved riding on mechanical horses and spinning on the merry go round. Later Emmeline got to paint her pumpkin. She painted the whole thing pink. lol. On Tuesday, Adam took the day off from work to hang out with us. We went to my mom's school and visited her 2nd grade class. The kids loved Emmeline and Mabel and kept asking if they could read them stories during their reading rotations. Emmeline loved sitting with the kids on their story rug while my mom read aloud to the class. It was neat to see my mom in action. On Wednesday, the girls and I drove to Alexandria and had lunch with my dad. We dined at Generous Georgies. The building was bright pink inside and out. It was awesome. The girls each got to feast on their favorite foods: chicken nuggets and smiley fries for Mabel and penne mac and cheese with cheese pizza breads for Emmeline. I enjoyed a pasta pie. It was surprisingly delicious. That night we all sat around and laughed and talked in my parents room. It was awesome. But as always, it was great to return home to my hubby when the time came.












No comments: