Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The First Date

On Friday October 17th, Brett and I went on our first date as part of our new date night rotation group. This idea has been tossed around a ton, by several different people, but finally I found three other families with kids about Em and/or Mabels ages with whom we started a date night/babysitting rotation. It is awesome. There are 5 kids total in the rotation and each couple is assigned 1 friday night a month to babysit. Things started the first of October, but Brett and I were both out of town. Then the second friday was our turn to babysit. . and then last friday we enjoyed our first date. To celebrate we splurged at the Cheesecake Factory and then spent some time at the Apple Store dreaming about future Christmas presents. Both Brett and I want an Ipod Touch. I was thinking I just wanted a regular Ipod, but after playing with the Touch. . . who wants a normal Ipod?!! Anyway, this blog is about the date and the rotation not about how cool Ipod Touches are. (They are very very awesome.)
It was so fun to go out on a date and have some time alone with Brett without the little ones. As much as I love the little girls, I love my husband and need some time alone with him out of the house.
Plus it wasn't even bad when it was our turn to babysit. The three little girls between the ages of 2 and a half - 3 and a half all played together and the babies; Mabel 1 and Lincoln almost 2, just kinda played around. We also broke up the three hour block with Halloween songs and sticker time. I'm actually kinda excited to plan some little activities for the kids on my week to babysit. So all around, this is awesome. I highly recommend it to everyone out there!!
--My datenight/babysitting buddies: Rachel & Michael Hall, Kylee & Steven Price, Natalie & Michael Edwards :)

Here are some pics of the kids playing dress-up when it was our turn to babysit. (Juliana, Emmeline, Mabel, Hadley and Lincon)

3 comments:

faith said...

i've heard that idea before, but not of any that have worked out. glad it's going so well! nice to have a time when you know you can get away!

Natalie said...

Oh, the kids look like that had a lot of fun!!! I am going to have to think of something good to do with them because I don't have any dress up clothes.

Wayne said...

I am so jealous that you finally got some people to do that with you. We always sat around talking about doing it but could never seem to get anybody on board. Good job and enjoy the dates!