Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Royal Ball Birthday Bash


The other day Emmeline attended the greatest little girl birthday party ever. At 6:00 we dropped her off at her friends house where all the little girls got dressed and ready for the ball. (There were also some little boys all dressed up as princes). They had a rack full of princess dresses for the girls to wear. And of course princess shoes and other accessories. They also had some older girls there brushing hair and putting it up in beautiful styles. Then at 6:30, the kids all ate a royal banquet. Every detail was taken care of. The cups were plastic champaign glasses and there were pink chandeliers hanging from the ceilings. Each guest got a princess crown, gloves, and a princess bucket with treats, lipgloss, a brush, mirror and more. At 7:00 the parents were invited back to attend the royal ball. It was so great. Each child was formally introduced and allowed to walk down the red carpet to a pedestal in the middle of the room. They then got to twirl around while everyone clapped for them. After all of the children were introduced, they played music for the kids to dance to and at one point all the adults were invited to dance with their girls to the slow song from "Enchanted". While the kids were dancing and running around, there were tons of treats for the parents to eat. There was a giant princess castle cake, little chocolate cherry mice, fruit sticks,princess sugar cookies and so much more, I can't even remember everything to write about. I was so mad at myself because I forgot my good camera, but I took a couple of shots from my phone. This truly was a princess party to remember.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, that looks like fun!!!! I don't think that I would ever be able to pull anything of that magnatude off. LOL. It is a good thing that Juliana hasn't wanted anything that big.

earlh75 said...

so fun..I love birthday parties, and this one just so creative.