Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Carnival/Trunk-or-Treat 2008


Well, we had another fun and successful halloween carnival this year. The setup actually went faster then it has in any of the previous three years that I've been involved with this event because we got the ward activities committee to help out. In the past, it has taken hours and hours to get all the games setup and the decorations completed. This year it took just over three hours total. It was awesome. Emmeline and Mabel both had fun playing the various games. Emmeline even got a hole in one on mini golf, and she hit the ball all by herself this year. Very cute. The only downside the the carnival was that the cake (well actually it was a flan) that Emmeline won in the cakewalk was stolen, or at least taken by someone before we could go pick it up at the end of the party. Both Emmeline and I were very sad, and even the next morning Em was asking me about it. 3 year olds have surprisingly good memories. But we made sugar cookies and I let her decorate a couple by herself. That helped her to forget about her "missing" cake. All in all, we had a great time. Emmeline, Mabel and I were all princesses and Brett was a knight in shining armor. Okay, so his armor was bought at the dollar store and made for an 8 year old but he still looked good wielding his foam sword. :)

























Here are the two cakes that I made and decorated for the cakewalk. I haven't done any serious cake decorating for awhile now, and I had some time so I thought I'd have a go. I had a lot of fun making these and I thought they turned out pretty cute.

3 comments:

LieslPie said...

those cakes are awesome laura!!! also, soooo cute costumes for halloween. your kids are adorable.

Wayne said...

We really missed not being a part of the B1 Halloween Carnival/Trunk-or-Treat. You get spoiled being part of such well organized activities with tons of people and don't fully appreciate how good it was until you don't have it anymore. Glad to hear that you guys got some extra help this year with setting up!

Michelle said...

Your cakes are adorable!!