Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentines Day (plus a little note to my valentine)


For Valentines Day this year Brett came home during the girls naptime and brought Surin for lunch. MMMMM. We snuggled up on the couch and finished up a movie we had started the previous night. Then later that night after the girls went to bed, Brett watched a good valentiny chick flick with me. (The Notebook). It is so nice to have a permanent valentine--someone who I love everyday and whats more someone who shows me they love me everyday of the year. I teased Brett about this being his worst valentines day ever because he didnt get me flowers. But thinking about it has made me remember and re-appreciate all of the things Brett does on a daily basis to let me know that he loves me. So Brett, I just wanted to write some things down for you. You let me know that you love me every night when you thank me for the dinner I made. (Even the fact that you finish your whole plate lets me know how much you love me some nights). and I know how much you love me each night when you wash the dishes. Especially when I'm up at the sink and you drag me away and wont let me touch another dish. I know you love me when you read Emmeline stories and put her to bed each night. I know you love me when you change Mabels diapers and snuggle her close so she will go to sleep. I know that you love me when I call you during the day and ask you to come home with no explanation. . .and you get here as quick as you can to help me and give our daughter a powerful priesthood blessing, I know you love me because you always let me have control of the remote control. I know you love me as you toss the "darks" into the wash and pull out the "whites" and start folding.
I certainly know you love me when you risk death by toxic fumes twice a week as you empty out the diaper pails and other garbage cans. I know you love me each time you let me get so engrossed in a book that I seem to forget about you and the girls for a couple of days. I know you love me when you come early with me to primary activities and help with all setup, duration and cleanup of activities. I know you love me every time you make me laugh. Looks like I didn't need flowers on valentines day after all. I already know that you love me and I hope you know how much I love you back!!!!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

So sweet!

LEXIE GUYMON said...

WOW, you engorssed in books too? I thought I was the only one that got so hooked on a book that I zoned out the rest of the world. YEAH I am NOT the only one.