Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth


On January 26 (I know I'm a couple weeks behind in my blogging. . .sorry) Brett and I took the girls to the Circus. It was so much fun! The greatest part was watching how mesmorized Emmeline was for the entire show. She kept saying "big clown, baby clown. Big pppppp (air blown threw lips--which means elephant), baby pppppppppp". We sure saw the clowns and the elephants. We also had all of the other neat things you'd expect at a circus: Tigers, horses, acrobats (even though some of the acrobatics were things that no human being should ever have to see. . . .I dont care how flexible you are. . .men should not put their legs behind their heads. period.) Of course there were lots of lights and lots of music. It was great fun. When it was over all Em could think to say was "more, more." "Dont worry Em," I said, "We will definitely have more circus next year when The Greatest Show on Earth returns to Birmingham!" Just a warning for those planning on attending the circus when it comes to your area. . .cotton candy costs 20 bucks. No that was not a typo. 20 big ones. . .for what I think is a fairly disgusting textured treat. You can imagine the cost of all the light up spinny toys and trinkets. We brought our own light up glow necklaces and bracelets which I had previously purchased at the dollar store. Emmeline still got to glow like the rest of the kids and we paid almost nothing for that excitement. Genius.

p.s. no, we did not buy the cotton candy. :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

For that price it must be the greatest cotton candy on earth! (spun by Rumplestiltskin, himself :) So glad Emmeline loved it!

Wayne said...

So I would hope that you would at least get an amount of cotton candy equivalent to your weight for that price...geesh! Thanks for the heads-up though...I'll be sure that I don't hype getting cotton candy if we ever take the kids.