Monday, February 11, 2008

Bowling

Last Friday Feb 8, we took the girls bowling. I wasnt quite sure how Em would do with it, but we had some tickets and figured we might as well use them. I needn't have worried. She loved it. First of all, they had bowling shoes in her size. They were so adorable and Emmeline loves shoes. Then as we got bowling, she would be sitting at "her" chair eating nachos while Brett and I bowled, then Brett would go over to her and tell her it was her turn. Her face would light up and she would jump out of her chair and run to the balls where she would go straight to "her" green one. With Bretts help, she would lift it up and take it over to the lane where she would put it between her legs and push. After the each roll, she would turn around and run to give Mabel a hug first and then give me a high five. Only after that would she look and see any pins she may have knocked down. Then she would run back to her chair where we would eat nachos and cheer for dad (or mom if I was taking my turn.) The tickets were good for two hours of bowling. I figured we would maybe get in one game, but we played two whole games. I wont mention the final scores (not because my two year old daughter scored better then me. . .okay, thats exactly why lol) but we had so much fun.And of course Mabel just liked being out and about and watching this strange world. Now I cant wait until she can bowl with us!!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How fun! It's all about the nachos!

LEXIE GUYMON said...

Oh Laura I miss you guys soo much. I wish we were there to go bowling with ya'll. TOO FUN!!!

Liesl said...

We took the kids bowling for Kyle's birthday and Cordelia was the same way. She loved it! Of course, my kids wouldn't sit and wait their turns. They spent most of the time waiting for the balls to come back (PLEASE MOVE YOUR HEAD AWAY FROMT HE HOLE!!).

Brian said...

Hey, check out our blog....BrownKnows.Blogspot.com

meg said...

hey laura! long time since i've been in touch. i just came upon your blog. glad to see you're doing well and i'll come back soon.
you can also check out our blog:
http://singleyblog.blogspot.com