Monday, April 28, 2008

My Heart Sings

Last week I had one of those really special "mother" moments. Emmeline has loved to "sing" for as long as I can remember but that "singing" involved doing the actions to songs such as "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" while I sang the words. In nursery they have been learning this song from the primary songbook called, "I am Glad for Many Things". They clap along as they sing it and so Em calls it the clapping song or the Glad song. Anyway, last Monday, we were swinging together and singing. She asked to sing that song and so I started singing while she clapped along. I stopped singing after the first verse. A few seconds later Emmeline started singing "my heart sings, my heart sings" while touching her heart. Apparently these are the words to the second verse of the song. It melted my heart. Then she touched my heart and said "mama's heart sings too." Yes my heart certainly was singing.

Since then Emmeline has started singing up a storm. She sang her first song all the way through all by herself. . .Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or according to Em, "tinkle tinkle ittle sta". She has also now sung "itsy bitsy spider" and "snowman" all by herself. It is so fun to listen to her grow as well as to watch her grow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aw...that makes me tear up :) What a precious girl!