Saturday, December 1, 2007

Mabel's Blessing

On Sunday November 25, 2007 we blessed little baby Mabel Jane. It was such a wonderful day. We were blessed to have so much family come and support us. Bretts mom flew in from Utah and so did his Dad and Donna. My Grandma and Grandpa Jorgensen were also able to fly here from Utah. From Atlanta we had my Aunt Sara and Uncle George and their two girls Auri and Jenny, plus Georges mom drove down also. Then my parents, Lucy and Leland came down from Virginia. (We also know we had other family support from afar and thats always great too). I was overwhelmed by the strength of those priesthood bearers in my family. Watching them gather around and give my daughter a blessing from Heavenly Father was so touching to me and confirmed (once again) the testimony that I have about the importance and strength of families. Brett gave a wonderful blessing. He is such a caring and loving father.
After the blessing we headed back to the townhouse for lasagna and
 more visiting before everyone had to head home. It was such a wonderful weekend. 

Here is a picture of Mabel wearing the blessing dress I made for her special day.

 

No comments: