Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Birthday Emmeline


Emmeline had her 2nd birthday on December 6, 2007. I cannot believe how fast time goes by. It seems so fresh in my mind when I was in the hospital with her. Almost like it was yesterday. And then on the other hand, it seems like there has never been a time when she hasn't been a part of my life. What a strange paradox. Anyhow, back to the birthday celebrations. We didn't have a big party with a lot of her friends like we did last year, but I think she still had a great time. On thursday (the 6th) I made her a special breakfast. Then we had to go to the Doctor. She got a shot and had to get some blood drawn. She was very brave. Since she was so brave and it was her birthday we went and got an icecream sunday from McDonalds. (The 99 cent sundays are one of McDonalds few redeeming qualities.) Throughout the day Em got some different presents. Then after dinner she got to blow out candles and eat mini cupcakes. She has decided that she doesn't really like the cake part. . .just the frosting. So I made mini cupcakes. . .less cake for her to throw away. Oh and she loves to blow out the candles. I relit her two candles at least a dozen times. (at least she didn't expect us to sing each time. lol) On Friday we took Emmeline and Mabel to Chuck E. Cheese for a bigger celebration. I know what most of you are probably thinking. . "Chuck E. Cheese. eeeeeee what a nightmare. Lots of loud, screaming kids, annoying games and music, mediocre pizza at best." However, I happen to love Chuck E. Cheese. I love the little games and the noise and the excitement. I love all the little kids trying so hard to collect tickets so they can get those "awesome" prizes of rings and penny candy. And I dont even think the pizza is that bad. So my children will probably get to go to Chuck E's for several birthdays (if they want) as they continue to grow. As for this birthday, Emmeline loved it. She was excited to play any game that had lights and noise. Her favorite game was "knock down the ducks", and with daddys help, she got quite a few tickets. As she would collect the tickets, she would fold them up and put them in her pockets. That was a big deal to her. In fact, when we were getting the tickets counted at the end, she wanted to keep some to take home with her. As though the tickets themselves were a totally awesome prize. Anyhow, we had pizza and cupcakes and played all sorts of games. (my favorite was Deal or No Deal.) Emmeline was totally pooped by the end, but I know she had a wonderful birthday. Thank you Chuck E. Cheese. (and Brett for being willing to put up with it all. :) )

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay, Emmeline! What a fun day!