Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Professor Pickett


Last month Brett was going through the mail and he came across a flyer for NCTC (North Central Texas College). They are opening a new satellite campus in Parker Square. . .which is about an 8 minute walk from our apartment. Had I been the one checking the mail I'm sure I would have thrown this away with the junk mail. No one in our family is currently looking to attend community college. However, Brett noticed a small notation at the bottom of the flyer announcing that the school was also looking for a few adjunct professors and to check out the website for more info. Being the on top of things, proactive man that he is, he jumped right on it and checked out the website. They happened to have an opening for a biology professor. Brett immediately fixed up and sent in his resume. The following week he got a call inviting him over for an interview. The next day, they offered him a position teaching a biology class and an accompanying lab starting in January. I am really proud of Brett for doing this. He has talked about possibly wanting to teach and now he can see if he really likes it or not. And if he does like it. . he is getting the experience that future employers are looking for. I also thank my Father in Heaven for guiding my husband and our family everyday and providing opportunities like this one.



Good Luck Brett (or should I say Professor)!!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Congrats Brett!! hm hmmmm... Professor Brett. :)

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

Yay Brett!

I love catching up on your blog. I miss you guys!

P.S. Mabel's hair cut is so cute! I love the length!

Jennie Larsen said...

What fun! I just found your blog...beautiful family, and way to go, Professor Brett! We need to plan a TX get-together!!!!