Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ward Christmas Party 2008

Since we no longer live in Utah where all of our extended family Christmas Parties are, we enjoy attending the ward Christmas Party. This year's party was very nice. There were crafts for the kids, dinner and music. Brett and I sang "Carol of the Bells" with a small ensemble. I was so happy to be able to participate with that group because our ward choir was not singing as many Christmas songs as I would have liked. (I grew up singing in a ward choir where my mom was usually the choir director and every Christmas there was a large program filled with several wonderful Christmas songs. This year we sang one song, which was a lovely Mozart piece, however, it would have been appropriate for Easter or really any Sunday for that matter. . .so I was missing all my usual Christmas music!!) Also the primary sang a couple of songs. It was fun because Emmeline got up and joined them. I loved watching and listening the the children sing.




It was very nice to get together with friends and celebrate the birth of Christ together as a ward family.

No comments: