Saturday, December 13, 2008

Making "Gingerbread" Houses


The girls and I participate in a weekly playgroup. The girls always have fun running around and playing with other little kids, while I enjoy chatting with some other adult women. On Wednesday December 10th we made gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and lots of candy. It was really fun. Emmeline did a great job decorating her house and even figured out how to do the frosting by herself. Mabel had fun eating the candy. She smooshed her house as soon as I had it together. . .but she sure loved eating the candy.














A funny story about Mabel: As we were all cleaning up my friend Rachel mentioned that she couldn't find her bag of mm's which had been just inside her purse. She also mentioned that she had seen Mabel in that area earlier and was wondering if perhaps Mabel had them. So I started looking around and couldn't see Mabel anywhere. Everyone started looking and calling out her name. I finally found her down in a little corner behind the stage--hiding with the mm's. It was funny to me that she grabbed them and ran but even more funny that she knew she had to hide as well. That little stinker.

No comments: