Saturday, August 30, 2008

London 2012--Here we Come


I loved watching the Olympics this summer. With the rest of the nation, I got caught up in the swimming and enjoyed each of Michael Phelps races. I also enjoyed the gymnastics and volleyball, both beach and indoor. I got annoyed by the Chinese and all of their "iffy" wins but, all in all, I loved watching the events.

I looked online and saw a ton of olympic events that I had no idea even existed as olympic sports. (we dont have cable or any extra channels, so we only see what the basic station decides to show us.) It turns out that shooting is an olympic sport. Men can compete in 10 different events with varying guns including the rifle, pistol and shotgun.

Brett happens to be a phenomenal skeet and trap shooter. When he was 12 years old, he and his brother and dad went to some shooting camp. The owner of the camp asked if Brett could stay there and join his team. He said Brett could get tutors to finish school and compete with him on a professional level. Brett would never say it because he is a very humble fellow, but he is really good. I've decided that after he graduates in a year and a half-two years, he can take a year off and pick up his shotgun. I figure if he competes in a few national competitions he's a shoe in for the olympics. So London-2012, here we come!!!

No comments: