Friday, May 9, 2008

"I've got Rhythm"--Primary Activity

We recently had a primary activity called "I've got Rhythm". It was centered on music and it was really fun. There were four different stations each group got to go to. One group played different rhythm games with sticks and learned the primary song "Hum Your Favorite Hymn", another group played games where they listened and learned about different great composers, the third group listened to all sorts of different kinds of music (hard rock, country, alternative, classical, etc., ) and talked about how different kinds of music makes you feel, the last group (the group I was in charge of) made homemade musical instruments. We made paper cup marraccas, paper plate tambourines, and toilet paper roll hand bells. It was so much fun. Music has such a strong influence in my life and I hope we were able to pass some of that on to the children in our primary.

I also made these Fruitie Pebble treats. If you can't tell they are shaped like music notes. They were super easy to make, tasted super delicious, and if I do say so myself, they are super cute. I'm posting a pic so my mom can see what they looked like since she mailed me the music note cookie cutter. But I guess anyone else who reads this can see how cute they are too. :)

3 comments:

Alta High Class of 2001 said...

You have been added to the Alta High Class of 2001 blog. Check it out. :)

Hanson3 said...

Hey Laura! this is Brittany Pace- Hanson. Don't know if you remember me but I found your blog on the AHS 2001 site. I enjoyed reading your blog, and seeing how you have been doing. You have such cute daughters! And I notice you live in the south too. Actually I guess I'm in the same stake as your uncle in Georgia. Small world. Any ways, hope all is well with you and your family. :)

Rachel said...

Those rice krispy treats look so cute and yummy. I'm sad I wasn't there to enjoy them. I actually could have eaten them too :( Good job though.