Friday, January 4, 2008

There and Back Again. . .Merry Christmas

Well, we've made it back to Birmingham and started settling back into the old routine. I've decided thats the hardest part about the holidays. . .getting back to normal after they are over!! We had a great Christmas in Virginia. We went and bought a Christmas tree and Emmeline loved helping choose which tree to get. My mom is the ward choir director in her ward and she put together a lovely program filled with music and scripture. She even roped my two sisters and me into singing a trio. But it was very nice.
I loved playing Santa this year. As much fun as it is to get presents on Christmas, I think I am filled with even more anticipation over seeing Ems and Bretts reactions to what "Santa" got for them. That was the best. It was great to spend a leisurely day with no worries or cares. It was great to visit with my parents and brothers and sisters. We sang a lot and laughed a lot. It was wonderful. And it was great to send Emmeline and Mabel to an aunt or uncle or grandma to play with. I probably shouldnt admit this. . .but I only changed one diaper the whole week. Thanks grandma. Oh and I saw two movies in the theater: Enchanted and National Treasure two. Brett and I dont make it to a lot of movies these days, so that was a great treat. Our last evening there, my parents took us out to Samuri, a Japanese restaurant where they cook everything right in front of you. Our chef was hilarious and tossed shrimp around for us to each try and catch with our mouths. It was a great show and the food was pretty delicious too.
Anyway, we had a lovely holiday. Merry Christmas everyone!! And now. . . .it's back to real life!

No comments: