Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Introducing Madelyn Grace Pickett


Madelyn Grace Pickett

Born: January 8, 2010
Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz
Height: 21 inches

Brett and I went to the hospital at 6 am Friday morning. Luckily the doctor let me induce a little early--Maddie wasn't actually due until the 12th, but I dont think I could have lasted another night as large and uncomfortable as I was. In the hospital, I was hoping to get going and have the baby in time for lunch. It didn't go that fast but it was still a relatively smooth delivery. We chatted with the nurse and hung out until the contractions got serious--around 2 in the afternoon. I did have my greatest, most high scoring game of Bejeweled ever while I was waiting, so that was pretty exciting. Maddie was born around 3:30. I hardly had to push at all. . .maybe 5 times. I think that she was just as ready to come out as I was to get her out. :)

Emmeline and Mabel were so excited to come and visit us in the hospital that evening. They each brought Maddie a little gift. Emmeline chose a pink rubber duckie and Mabel chose a soft little pink butterfly. They were both so sweet and loving with their new little sister.





My time in the hospital sped by without a hitch and I was very excited to get home. The only setback was, like both Emmeline and Mabel, Maddie had a bit of a jaundice scare and she had to stay in the hospital an extra night to be on the lights. It was hard leaving the hospital without her, but luckily it wasnt for long. They let us bring her home the next morning.

I am so excited to have another beautiful daughter. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me and I am thrilled to have my family grow.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Yay for Madelyn!!! Our babies were nearly exactly the same size...mine just barely bigger. The only big difference is that you were induced early and I was induced at two weeks late! We both were feeling like we couldn't take any more of being pregnant though!

Thanks for posting the story of Madelyn coming into the world. Such a cute happy family!