Thursday, March 27, 2008

Great Adventurers


This summer the Zoo is offering camel rides. Emmeline really wanted to try it out so we let her (how often do you get to ride a camel. . .) I remember when I was young and got to ride an elephant at Wildlife Safari in Roseberg Oregon. I dont remember much else about the wildlife safari. . .just riding the elephant. Anyhow, Emmeline loved every second of our camel ride on 'Big Joe' and as we got off she exclaimed, "more more." I told her we couldnt ride it again right away. I thought we might be in for a little tantrum but she took a second to compose herself and said "okay mommy." I was very proud of her. Unfortunately they wouldn't allow riders under 2 years old so Mabel is going to have to wait a while before she gets to ride a camel. I think she was just happy to get out of her stroller and play with daddy while Em and I waited in the line. We are very excited for another fun filled year at the zoo!!

No comments: